202. Jesus himself affirms that God is “the one Lord” whom you must love “with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength”. At the same time Jesus gives us to understand that he himself is “the Lord”. To confess that Jesus is Lord is distinctive of Christian faith. This is not contrary to belief in the One God. Nor does believing in the Holy Spirit as “Lord and giver of life” introduce any division into the One God:
We firmly believe and confess without reservation that there is only one true God, eternal infinite (immensus) and unchangeable, incomprehensible, almighty and ineffable, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit; three persons indeed, but one essence, substance or nature entirely simple.
Aprofunde seus conhecimentos
211. How can we help the souls being purified in purgatory?
113. What were the accusations by which Jesus was condemned to death?
272. When did Jesus Christ institute the Eucharist?
269. Who can receive this sacrament?
424. What other kinds of grace are there?
321. What are the sacraments at the service of communion and mission?
45. Can the mystery of the Most Holy Trinity be known by the light of human reason alone?
Acesse nossos estudos biblicos:
What does the Bible say about divine justice in Deuteronomy 32:4?
Why does the Bible warn us about the need to avoid envy and jealousy, as mentioned in Proverbs 14:30, and how can we apply this teaching in our lives?
What is the New Earth mentioned in Revelation 21:1 and what is its importance in the Christian faith?
What does it mean to love God and neighbor and what is the importance of this teaching in the Bible?
What is the story of Uzziah and how was he punished for disobeying God?
How important is Esther’s purpose and mission in Esther 4:14?
What does the Bible say about the need to forgive, according to Colossians 3:13?